Friday, March 1, 2013

The Big Crazy Sampler Blanket- Part 3

  

   Now, for another instalment of  "How the Circular Needle Turns." 
Today is more of a continuation of the story; as life has been quiet, so has the knitting.


 

   To continue with the super hero theme, we work our way up with Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Batman.  What, do you say?  How can that be Hawkeye?  Have you ever tried to knit bows and arrows?  Would you tell me how?  After that flopped, the only thing I could think of were the pair of sunglasses he wore at the end of  The Avengers, red dots everywhere for the laser sights on his bow, and a purple background for his comic book outfit.  In the end, it looks like the Valentine card you thought was slightly too romantic to give to your third grade crush. 

  I knit the Batman row while watching "An Affair To Remember."  My brother was kind enough to copy out the pattern for me. 

  The last three were all from yesterday-  The brown/purple/orange fair isle and clovers during Ivanhoe, and the light blue and green while I was desperately trying to get a foothold on Downton Abbey.  ( I saw ep. 5 of season 2.  William dies???  They can't do that to me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment