Saturday, March 16, 2013

Big Crazy Fair Isle Blanket Part 4

   It's becoming a monster, and it's not even near finished yet!   

 



So, working up from the blue and gray this-woman-has-no-idea-what-fair-isle-means pattern, we have a pretty little rick-rack looking pattern I found in a magazine, a strange checker pattern that I invented while trying to work out a certain scarf (I know, it looks nothing like that.  But if you could see my notebook it would make sense.), and then a pink check that reminds one of the 1980's. 



  Keeping on this note, and the note of silly patterns I invented in my notebook, does anyone remember that wall the Destroyer comes from behind in Thor?  Because I can't get it strait.  Look at it!  It just looks like a bunch of X's.  One day!  One day I will get it right! 
   After that is a sort-of icicle pattern.  They can't all be winners.  I liked the idea of having fire and ice together, and even toyed with mapping out "Fire, and Ice, and Rage" and using it as a segway into Doctor Who...  But fandom wasn't really on my mind.  Or, at least, I didn't think so...



  Does anyone remember the X-men cartoon that used to be on cable?  Where everyone was super-skinny, so that the strong men looked like they would tip over, there was so much disproportionate muscle weight on top?  This X pattern was much harder than it looks, but it is also perfect in the fair isle world, because there is never more that 3 stitches of the same color at one time.  Cool. 
   When I ran out of white, I used blue instead.  I don't know if they ever did blue accents in the X-men, but if they didn't, they should have. 

   Next time- not blanket updates.  Maybe.  Let's see how things go. 

UPDATE:  As of March 2015 I began the second panel, though I am not sure I'll post any more pictures until I am finished.  

No comments:

Post a Comment